Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dr. Rob Kingus - Eye Care Team Member


Hi! This is Dr. Rob Kingus. I have been an optometrist with Dr. Fitzgerald and Associates since August 2006. I graduated from the Illinois College of Optometry, and moved to Cedar Rapids soon after. I have enjoyed working with my patients in our office, as well as working at Vision in Motion as the primary low vision optometrist. I enjoy my job very much, and it is very fulfilling to help people improve their vision and the health of their eyes.
I am married to Heather, who is a veterinarian in Cedar Rapids. We have two young daughters, and enjoy spending time together as a family. We like to visit Clear Lake, Iowa each summer, and also travel to Duluth, Minnesota so I can participate in an in-line skating marathon each fall. Other interests of mine include watching most sports on TV, playing Nintendo Wii, spending time outside, and catching up with friends and family.
I am very excited to go to Kenya again this year. I was fortunate to go there in 2007 to help open the eye clinic, and I am happy to go back to further the work that we started. It is nice to know that I can make a difference in so many people’s lives by just doing what I’ve been trained to do.

1 comment:

  1. You have come a long way since wearing a Cleveland Browns jacket during all those years of playing trombone in the UHS marching band, Robbie.

    ReplyDelete