Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Simon

Today is Tuesday and some of the folks from Ilula came to have their eyes checked.  Simon is a 30 year teacher we saw in 2007 he had a -18.00 prescription.  He originally, he had no glasses. We did an exam and made his glasses in the US and had a team bring them over.  I was walking into clinic this AM and saw a man with very thick glasses.  "Simon is that you?"  "Yes, Daktari!" " How have you been? " " You and your team have changed my life.  I was a teacher and I could not see, now I wear the glasses all the time and I can see and now I am the headmaster of the school!!  His glasses were held together with bailing wire and one of the nose pads was missing.  Roy in his usual wizardry fixed Simon's glasses like new.  We rechecked his eyes and are making him a pair of glasses and these may become a back up. It was marvelous to see Simon and how well he was doing!!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how one pair of glasses can become lifechanging!

    ReplyDelete