Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Changing lives onepaver--one tooth--one glass H20 at a time

Hello

At 4:00pm today the village came out to say their goodbyes. Talked asbout our their lives were different because of the clinic and clean water. We all were presented with gifts that are made in Kipkaren. And 100's of handshakes and hugs and goodbyes. Cosmos was there. He was along on our first trip. Struggling with life at that time, He introduced me to his wife, he has a new son and is working for the LivingRoom. It is always good to see Cosmos--energentic and happy--he had been an optician for us for the last threee years.
Went up to the school to take pictures and the children are drinking out the new well and carrying clean water home.
It has been an incredible journey!!
This team, as my teams, give until they almost break. I confess I am very tired and would have to say the team is probably reduced in size considerably:) It's ok-- I was walking to the school and fell down on the rocks. Nervous and embarrassed I yelled out safe. What else can you do?
All I could do is laugh at myself.
We have finished dinner and need to be up early for our plane ride to the Masai Mara. Wish us luck. There won't be any further communication until we get home.
However, I will be keeping this blog site live to update our progress--a womens' sewing group will start because of Carolyn and Jen. Some men have learned a trade that they can go and make a living with--laying pavers and planting flowers. Nicklaus, who is the foreman on the job site of the LivingRoom and where the landscaping was done. Your team has given me something I can have for the rest of my life. You can give me money but it is gone in a snap!! You give me knowledge and it helps my family and friends and me for a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. Doc~
    You are such a great example! Thank you for all you do there......and here for all of us! What an adventure!

    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful-hope you "bum" is okay after the fall
    Michele
    dogs are great

    ReplyDelete