Monday, January 17, 2011

Three days blessed

Hello Everyone

Today was a day to get some new projects started. Carolyn and I taught 44 lovely women about quilting. (To be honest I think some of them are much better then I at stiching) The ladies all seemed to have fun, they were talking and laughing, maybe at us I didn't understand anything they were saying. I don't think they understood anything I said either. I brought a small sample of a quilt to show them a finished product, and I was showing it to a couple of the women while they waited for something to sew and I made the comment "It is a blankent for a mouse" one of the ladies chuckled the other just looked at me, then she said something with the word mouse, there was a reply and then the woman chuckled. The 3 blankets that were made were all given to the Livingroom. The women all got to take a quilting kit home for themselves. When we were on our way home from the school there was a woman sitting under a tree working on the quilt kit she got.

After lunch Lauren, Mark, Carolyn and I went to the school with Michelle to give pen pal letters to two of the classes. I was taking pictures of the Children and kids are kids no matter where you are. I had kids that didn't want to get there picture taken, kids that were shy, kids that would not smile. It was great fun.

We were walking back from the school we were all talking about stopping a this little shop to get a coke and I offered to buy. When we got to the shop it was closed so we were out of luck. Mark Carolyn and I went to the build site for the living center to get the rest of the team. So, Lauren took my camera back because it looked like rain. So, we get back and Mark shows up at our door a little later with my camera and a ice cold coke, he does this little dance showing off his coke, do you think he offered to share? I think not.

Night all,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment