Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday is a great day in Kenya

There have been many events in my life that I consider life-changing. There is no way to describe, once again, the events of the day and the beauty of these people and their country.
We started the day at sunrise witnessing my 1st ever "Cow Dipping" experience.
Please ask me later. It was like no other farm experience I have seen :)

Mark and I then took off for our morning of "Home visits". These are people in the community who have been tested HIV positive and were in dire need of care and attention. What a blessing Julie and ELI, as well as the clinic have been established here. They are now receiving proper medications and can live out their days in great care. They certainly live in the most meager of homes, but are happy and grateful to be alive. Their attitude about life was an inspiration to me. I thought I left the US to come offer something to these Kenyans, and instead it is me who is receiving the gifts.

Later in the day we visited the school to deliver the pen pal letters to the school children. Their happy smiling faces: priceless. After receiving their letters, they would rush back to their desks to pour over their messages from far far away (CR Prairie students).

Our evening was spent visiting the children's home to once again, witness joy and gratitude from 97 children living in adoptive care from 4 families. If there is a God, he lives here.

Thanks to all of you for all of your support for these people. They are in the utmost appreciation and gratitude.

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Lauren~
    I really enjoy reading your messages. They nearly put us "right there" in the middle of everything. Thank you for sharing your experiecnes. It has been wonderful to hear all that is happening over there with the team and the people. How very special.

    Sue Grant

    ReplyDelete