Sunday, January 16, 2011

Salutations from Momma Mazzu

Another beautiful day in Kipkaren. Three hours of singing and praise at church yesterday. Then time spent on preparing the chlorine generator for the clinic. A scruffy dog by the name of Mazzu has adopted the team and follows us everywhere. I identify with his name. Mazzu means "Iwas on my way somewhere and instead ended up here". I have tendencies to be distraacted by all the beauty of the land, the people and the nature that surrounds us everyday here. Quilty for this morning and tomorrow as well. Afternoon is for chlorine and the clean water. I think of each of you that has given your support and warm thoughts.

Carolyn
AKA Momma Mazzu

3 comments:

  1. What a great team! It is so wonderful to read what you are teaching and doing AND what you are all learning, too. :-) A blessing, I am sure. It sounds so beautiful there. Iowa is having one of those lovely winter snow and ice storms starting this morning. Slow going, but beautiful, too. Be safe and THANK YOU for all you are doing! Sue (Posted at 7:55AM Mon. 1/17)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a beautiful place and I hope you know you have all my wishes for a safe and productive time there. Had a great visit with Sue this weekend. Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma Mazzu! No wonder my 1st 2 "Comments" went into the wind -- I sent em "Here" while you wuz "There"! Tried to explain "Mazzu" to Thing 2 & he agrees the dog part is funny. Too young to know Mazzu wuz always your middle name, we just needed the Swahili to clarify. Both Things send their love, hoping #3 is the lucky shot that reaches you. All is well here. Big Smooches all around. PS "Rain?? There's not gonna be no rain it's Summer in Africa...."

    ReplyDelete